Happy Hands School for the Deaf (HHSD) is a special education initiative of Rural Lifeline Trust (Regd.) Established in 2016 HHSD is a unique place to get education for students who are deaf or have other hearing and speech difficulties including those with other disabilities. Here every child gets an equal opportunity to learn in an environment that optimizes all-round development and provides accessible accommodation to language and communication. We believe that our students deserve a quality bilingual education opportunity to excel in all field of life including being deserving and contributing citizens. We focus on producing language- proficient teachers and staff who are able to communicate fluently and directly with the students and utilization of information technology, activity based shared learning and scientifically appropriate teaching methods. Our main attention goes towards how each and every child ‘Learn’ than ‘how to teach’ them all together.
Our Mission and Vision
HHSD is the best school of its kind in the country offering a holistic approach to education of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing children.
Here is why we are different and special.
- Highly qualified teachers who hold certification and specially trained by professionals in the field and are specialists in their specific academic content areas.
- Specialized support services, including but not limited to the areas of reading and language, orientation, individualized learning support.
- Accessibility and inclusion in all programs, through the use of Indian Sign Language,
- Providing a fully accessible and conductive environment suitable for learning and enjoying it.
- International collaboration and knowledge transfer to enhance learning and research based practice.
- Deaf-led approach to education and management. here Deaf teachers, managers, administrator and even the cooks and caretakers understand the needs of every Deaf child and how to care for them.